http://www.blogger.com/

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Honey Pop Flower!

Honey Pop!...doesn't it just make you think about bees? Then, bees start making you think about Flowers!

So, why not make some flowers with Honey POP!

Here's an easy way that I made this one. First, I drew a template for my petal on the sticky end of a post-it note. I cut it out and placed it on  the edge of the honey pop paper, keeping it verically in line with the arrows on the paper. Traced and cut it out.

Took the cut out piece of honey pop paper and carefully opened it up, spreading it out full length.


Then, took a XXL Glue dot, and started to stick the bottom edge of the petal onto the glue dot, going around the edge in a circular fashion. Went completely around, slightly overlapped the edges and cut off the excess.

Now, for my flower, I added another layer of the stretched out honey pop paper in a different color. Stuck it on the same way.
Then, I decide I wanted one more layer of the first color.

Added a flat button flower for the center with a regular glue dot.

Now, wasn't that super easy?!

Go and experiment with different petal shapes, just remember that the petal's vertical direction has to match the direction of the arrow on the honey pop paper. Otherwise, you will not be able to stretch it out. You don't have to make the petals really long and you don't have to have lot of layers like my flower, so you can actually make a lot of flowers from one sheet of honey pop paper.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're having a super great week!



4 comments:

  1. wow, that looks neat! i have some of this paper -- just didn't make anything yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta check out these humongous glue dots and the HoneyPop paper because the flowers are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this use for honey pop paper! So clever. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, now I gotta get those 2" glue dots! Thanks for the great tutorial Joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)