http://www.blogger.com/

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Paper Globe Ornament

Last June, I started making these paper ornaments with my scraps. June seemed a little too early to share, but I think now is the perfect time!

Today, I want to share my favorite one, the Globe ornament.
 
Use a 2" circle punch and punch out 20 circles from approximately 6 different printed cardstocks.

I drew a equilateral triangle on my computer to fit inside the 2" circle. I made a plastic template of the triangle and used it to trace onto all of the circles.

Next,  fold all of the side tabs of the circle up,leaving the triangle in the center.

It takes 5 pieces to make the top of the ornament. Start with two pieces and place them side by side. Join them by gluing the side tabs together.

Glue on another piece.
 
Before gluing the first and fifth piece together, You may want to add in a hanger now. Slip in a knotted ribbon for the hanger. Glue the tabs together, forming a bowl shape. This is the top of the ornament.
 
Take another 5 pieces and glue them together to make the bottom of the ornament.

The remaining 10 pieces will form the sides of the ornament. These are glued almost in a straight line. If you look at the pieces, the triangles alternate with a pointed top, then a straight top edge.

Glue the two ends together to form the sides.
 
Take the top piece and place on top,matching up the tabs. Glue the tabs together.
 
This is how the inside of the ornament with the top glued on looks like. Take the bottom piece and place on top, matching the tabs. Glue the tabs together.
 
Your ornament is done! You can also use photos instead of printed paper.
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're having a festive week!





3 comments:

  1. super cute! looks like a fun craft for kids too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember making these ornaments when I was a kid but we glued fabric to one side of a plain piece of construction paper. I like your version better because it is colorful and uses up card stock scraps. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo cute Joy! I want to make one or two or more!! hehehe!
    Thank you for the easy tutorial!
    x
    ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)