http://www.blogger.com/

Monday, March 1, 2010

Craft Alert! Expect a Tsunami of Ideas!

It's been fun reading about how crafty everyone was during the hours of the tsunami warning this past Saturday. As for me, I was at the Scrappers' Jam at Koolau Golf Course. As one scrapper put it, need some shirts that say "A Tsunami can't stop Scrappers!" Quite a few ladies showed up bright and early(6:30 am), ready to scrap. At our booth, we had some make and takes going on as we waited for tsunami updates via phone calls from the "outside" world.

One of the make and takes was this Girl's Day card that Crafts in the City came up with using the new "Good Fortune" clear stamp set from Hero Arts. The body was stamped over washi paper and the little doll is from dandelion designs kokeshi doll trio stamp. Isn't it so cute?


CITC also had a cute card using HK Kathy Bunny Sizzix in a basket made from the Accu Cut Cup Cake card die.Hope they post it on their blog since I forgot to get a pic.

On Saturday, I also met some great ladies from Hilo. They had flown in on Thursday before news of the tsunami. Here is what Loie Engle gave me, a fold out card in a box. Isn't it a great idea?


And the ever so crafty Brenda Freitas-Obregon, gave me a cute Girl's Day treat holder. It had a candy bar in it, too, but I let Gloria have it since I gave up caffeine for Lent (that's another story).


Well, because March is National Craft Month, I predict a bunch of craft ideas throughout the month on this blog as well as on the whole blogging network. So, be prepared! Get your essential craft stuff ready! A wave of inspiration is coming your way!

I am Happy that everyone in Hawaii is OK after Saturday's tsunami warning and our prayers do go out to the people of Chile. Thank You for stopping by today and wishing you all a good and safe week!

4 comments:

  1. Cute projects... glad the Tsunami didn't stop you all from crafting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, some major die hard crafters! that is awesome! great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some cute project just in time for Girl's Day. I'm glad you enjoy yourself at the Scrappers'Jam. I went last year in Spring and really had a blast too bad I miss this one. Didn't know about. Oh well maybe next time. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if the scrapper's jam was on. Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)