http://www.blogger.com/

Monday, November 19, 2012

Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia Tag

I made another paper ornament, this time using the new Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die.

You can use it as an ornament or a large gift tag.

So, here's the die. I just used the three petal pieces and didn't use the tiny center piece.I cut the petals out of doodlebug sugarcoat paper in silver. Using my new Sizzix Vagabond machine made it so fast! I scrunched up the petals with my fingers to give it more texture and dimension.

I layered the petals and glued them together with glue dots. I used these crystal cabochons for the center and used liquid glue for these.

For the tag, I used this Sizzix Fancy Tag die. Using the largest die, I cut out two red pieces of cardstock, glued these together. Then, I used the second largest die with this white glitter swirl cardstock. Layered this piece onto the double layer of red cardstock.

Attached the poinsettia to the tag with more glue dots. Punched a hole on the top with an 1/8" hole punch and strung a piece of ribbon on for the hanger.

Here's a white poinsettia made the same way.Wouldn't it look pretty on top of a gift?

I think this is one of those classic got-to-have dies, I know I'll be using it for many years to come!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty!!! I need to go find me that die to go with all the other ones I have from his line. Thanks for sharing Joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very pretty and elegant. Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Joy - love that Poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NIce tag Joy! I have that tag die but I didn't get my hands on that poinsettia die yet. Very pretty with the silver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad Tim added this link! I tried to buy the pointsetta but it was out of stock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)