http://www.blogger.com/

Friday, April 9, 2010

Wearable Art

As I've said before, I like small things because I think they are cute. So, these Itty Bitty canvases have always been a favorite of mine. For these projects, I used the smallest size, 2" x 2".


First, I covered the canvas with a scrap of brown mulberry paper.Then, I took a scrap of DP and decoupaged it on top. Added a few crystal stickers. Then I used one of the Reflections charms "dream" and tied it on with a ribbon. I added the butterfly dangle which came from the Symbolize charms collection.



These charms collections are great and you get a lot to work with.


For this sample, I painted the canvas with bright orange acrylic paint. Carefully tore a DP scrap into a square shape and wrote "give Peace a chance" with my Pigma pen. Decoupaged it onto the painted canvas. Added some K&Co. fabric flower stickers and some colorful flower buttons.


I call these wearable art because like art, they are made on a canvas. With the added pin back, they are now wearable!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you all have a reallygreat weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a clever use of mini canvases and Symbolize charms! I would never have put the two together and now I will be thinking of other unusual combinations to make into wearable art. Thanks for inspiring me again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful and clever idea. These would make super gifts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)