http://www.blogger.com/

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

14 days of Valentine's Day 4 - Wall Art

Today is Day 4 of the 14 Days of Valentine's and my projects today are from this week's Joy of Crafting Show! So simple, just take a canvas and paint it up. Decorate some paper mache letters and glue them on! These projects are keepers all year long!

First sample, I call the Summer of Love. I used yellow and orange acrylic paint and painted strokes from the middle of the canvas outward. This creates a "sunburst" effect. Then,  I covered the 8" L-O-V-E with some cheerful patterend paper and painted the sides with orange paint. Glued the letters on the canvas and ta-dah! Doesn't it just radiate with Love?!
For the other LOVE sample, I painted the canvas with chalkboard paint. Then, I painted the 8"  L-O-V-E with red paint. The "U" is 12" tall and I painted the sides with red and covered the top of the letter using the metallic silver poster board. I wanted to use the chalkboard paint so that we can leave messages on the sides.

I'm really loving the paper mache letters because you can do so much with them. They come in 8", 12" and 23.5" tall. And they're on sale until this week Friday!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you have a LOVE-ly week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)