http://www.blogger.com/

Thursday, October 6, 2011

He-art Journaling

As I mentioned before, I am participating in TGF's 23 week He-art Journaling class/challenge. So far, all the Hawaii girls I know have been keeping up. Yeah!

We are on Week 11 which was about Growing. For my page, I used watercolors. What I wanted to convey was the contrast of the dreary surroundings versus the Happy "love showered" Flower, All things grow with Love!

Last week, was #10 and we had to include some kind of tearing technique, which I do a LOT anyway. But, I really didn't know what to do. So, I made trees and tore cardstock for the leaves and grass. I used Pooh stickers and my theme was "the Wisdom of Pooh is Priceless" I do believe that is true. Sometimes you just need to ask, what would Pooh and his friends do?

For Week 9 we had to use a "head" and make a different body. Since I was traveling to Nebraska, I looked for faces in the People magazine I had bought for the plane ride and found just what I wanted. Made these pages in my hotel room at night. Maid must've thought what kind of weirdo was in the room with all the torn pages and bits of watercolored papers in the trash!

Week 7 was about Clouds. OK, I really don't like the drawings I made but I just really wanted to imitate the Peanut's comic strip that showed Lucy, Linus and Charlie Brown looking at the clouds. I  included the famous conversation they had. Like I said, I'm with Charlie Brown, I just see the duckies and the horsies in the clouds, nothing super brainy like Linus!

Week 6 was about Text or Words. So I wrote a lot about how Social Media is in our lives, but if you read my little thoughts in between, it really is more than words.


Week 5 was about Paper Piecing. So, I made flowers and stuff. Used the TV guide as the background and heart circled The Joy of Crafting timeslot! LOL!

Week 3 was about Gratitude. I'm thankful for so much but I really wanted to have just one focus. So, I wrote about how I am grateful for my sister.

It's been fun and challenging at the same time. I'm always really  happy when I finish the page(s). At one point I was getting a little frustrated because it seemed that each week's theme was something I had done already the week before. But, I have found that I really like to watercolor, even if I'm not great at it. Maybe I'll use it in my cardmaking, too.

Well, Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you're having a great week! Stop by tomorrow to find out what Facebook Friday is going to be about!

4 comments:

  1. Wowzer Joy~ Your are so amazing with every page that you did.... love all the creativity and detailing you did to your layouts... Way to go Joy! I like all your pages, everyone has it's own little meaning to the artwork you did to it.....Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring!!! I wish I had time to create one...as it is, its taking me forevah to do my Europe Scrapbook...just looking and printing the pics is a day in itself! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing such a fabulous job on your pages!! i love how unique each one is and how outside of the box you were taking the assignments... Keep up the beautiful creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice pieces, Joy! Thanks for sharing them. 16 is my number, too, but I never knew how awesome it was. I just picked it after I met you because it was your birthday, and I was so thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by today! Please leave a comment and share your thoughts.

NOTE: If this posting has a contest, please leave a name on your comment so it will be easier to identify the winner (no anonymous, please!)